What we do
NAATI is a standards organisation responsible for setting, maintaining and promoting high professional standards for the Translating and Interpreting sector.
Our core focus is issuing credentials for practitioners who wish to work as translators and interpreters in Australia.
We aim to be a respected and recognised global leader in the provision of certification services for translators and interpreters, to provide quality services and to be responsive to the community and organisations which benefit from NAATI’s services.
NAATI's work enhances the translation and interpreting industry’s competitiveness and contributes to a community demand for everyone to be able to communicate and interact with each other.
Click the links below to learn more about:
- A quality assurance scheme
- A peak non-government body (though our owners are the nine Australian governments)
- A pioneer in the world of certifying translators and interpreters
- The government (or even a government department)
- The ‘owner’ of language or settlement policy
- A member-based institution
- A professional association
- An industrial association (union)
- An employer of translators and interpreters
- A provider of industry services
- A representative-based organisation