Expression of Interest
The AUSIT Education Committee (AEC) invites Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from translation students and other individuals to participate in the 2020 AUSIT Translation Competition (LOTE into English), which is open for the Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, Korean and German languages.
The AEC also invites EOIs from certified translators to be assessors in the competition.
EOIs must be submitted online by 24 July 2020.
- Must be an AUSIT member
- Must have a minimum of five-year experience in T&I
- Must be a NAATI certified translator in the language stream
- Select a LOTE text of 800-1000 words within one week
- Quote the source the LOTE text
- Ensure the LOTE text does not have an English translation
- Submit the LOTE text to AEC in Word/PDF only
- Assess translations submitted by contestants within one week
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with AEC
- Provide feedback if required
Please submit your application to here
The winner in each language stream will be entitled to one year’s free AUSIT membership and to attend the AUSIT 2020 National Conference for free.
- Anyone who is interested in working as a professional translator, such as students from tertiary institutions.
- Must NOT be a certified translator in the relevant direction (i.e. LOTE to English)
There will be only one winner in each language stream, i.e. a total of seven winners in seven language streams.
- Complete an 800-1000-word translation from the LOTE into English within one week
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with AUSIT
Please submit your application here.
Should you require any clarification, please contact Mr Zhen Guan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: In order to run the competition for a language stream, AUSIT need two assessors and at least two contestants in that language. If AUSIT have insufficient EOIs, the competition may be deferred or cancelled for that language stream. AUSIT will notify you in advance should this occur.