Get Paid to Present Your Research!
NAATI is seeking researchers in the fields of science and technology to present their research in English or another language and have it filmed. Presentations should be approximately 15 minutes long, based on a published journal article, and accompanied by a slide show (e.g. PowerPoint). Applicants will need to make themselves available for a full day of filming.
Successful applicants will be paid for a full day of filming and one day of preparation (@$60/hour), and should:
- Hold, or be undergoing, a PhD in a science or technology-related discipline (including the social sciences)
- Have published an article on their research in a reputable academic journal or scholarly publication, in English or relevant Language Other Than English (preferably in the last 2 years, or still current if older than 2 years).
- Be confident and engaging presenters
- Be native speakers of the language in which they will present; speakers of the following languages are especially encouraged to apply:
- Australian English
- Other (including Auslan, German, Indonesian, Russian)*
If you meet the above criteria and would like to earn some money for doing what you do anyway while also showcasing your research, please email the following documents to email@example.com
- A current academic CV
- A copy of the journal article upon which the presentation is/will be based
- Not essential: A short video of you presenting (c. 2 mins).
- Not essential: a copy of the presentation (either speech or PowerPoint presentation).
All filmed materials would belong to NAATI (as part of a bank of test materials) and would not be shared in a public platform without your consent, but the intellectual property would continue to belong to you.
Indicate clearly in the subject line that you are applying for “Research Presentation Test Materials” and your language and field.
Please direct any questions to the same email address.
*Speakers of other languages should still apply