PD opportunity: interpreting in the Magistrates Court
Did you ever interpret for the police or courts? If not, are you planning to take on interpreting assignments for the police or courts in the future? If you answered yes, then this free workshop is for you.
Interpreting in the Magistrates Court is the second workshop in a series of Professional Development workshops WAITI is organising in 2017 to help interpreters cope with the challenges of interpreting in legal settings. The workshop will be presented by the Deputy Chief Magistrate of the Perth Magistrates Court.
Meet the Presenter
Elizabeth Woods was admitted as a legal practitioner in 1984. She was a Magistrate from 1999-2000 and was appointed Deputy Chief Magistrate of Western Australia in 2000.
- Date: Wednesday 5 April 2017
- Time: 3:30pm to 6pm (4pm start)
- Venue: Court 37, 501 Hay Street Building, Perth, 6000
- Cost: Free!
- RSVP: please email email@example.com by 27 March 2017
- Places are limited. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
This workshop is a joint venture between the Western Australian Institute of Translators and Interpreters (WAITI) and the Perth Magistrates Court.