PD Opportunity: update for interpreters working in domestic violence contexts
The NSW Education Centre Against Violence (ECAV) has had a long history in delivering trauma informed training to assist workers to understand and respond effectively to the underlying trauma issues victim’s experience.
ECAV would like to invite any interested interpreters to come along to their CE210 Professional development update for interpreters and BCEs workshop. This year's workshop will be delivered in a forum format featuring a number of guest speakers.
The focus of this session will be on legal issues and the significance of the interpreter’s role in gathering evidence and making statements, as well as the importance of educating women in their communities about those processes.
The list of guest speakers include:
- Anna Butler and Emma Buxton (NSW DV Death Review Team)
- Her Honour Deputy Chief Magistrate Jane Mottley (NSW Local Courts)
- Judy Saba (NSW Police Force)
- Susan Peir (Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Program & Legal Aid)
- Professor Sandra Hale (UNSW)
- Date: Wednesday 30 November 2016
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Venue: Sydney CBD
- Cost: Free
Click here for more details or to register.