Endorsed Qualification Institutions
NAATI Endorsed Qualifications are tertiary translation and interpreting qualifications (diploma-level or higher) conducted by VET and Higher Education institutions that have been acknowledged by NAATI as teaching and assessing the skills and knowledge required by the translating and interpreting profession.
Where a qualification at an educational institution holds NAATI endorsement, students who complete the qualification at the standard required by NAATI may apply to sit a certification test. NAATI endorsement acts as a quality seal that gives credibility to an institution's qualification(s) as well as providing a valuable incentive to future students.
The information below is for tertiary institutions only. If you want to enrol in an Endorsed Qualification, click here.
Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Bachelor degrees and Masters degrees are endorsed for specific certification types and language streams.
Generally, to make an application an institution must fulfil the following requirements, as applicable:
- Your institution must be CRICOS registered and the proposed qualification must be listed for delivery against this registration (if enrolling international students)
- The qualification must be offered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and listed on the RTO’s scope (VET institutions only)
- The proposed qualification must either be a nationally accredited course or part of a nationally recognised training package (VET institutions only)
- The proposed qualification must be approved by your institution when the application for NAATI endorsement is made (universities & self-accrediting institutions only)
- The proposed qualification must be approved by the appropriate jurisdiction when the application for NAATI endorsement is made (non self-accrediting institutions only)
Click here for the Guide to NAATI Endorsement of Translating and Interpreting Qualifications.
Any institution intending to apply for endorsement should discuss this with NAATI staff (via email@example.com) prior to submitting an application.
Click here for the NAATI Endorsed Qualification Application Form.
Still have questions or are unsure? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.