This page is also available in:
NAATI is the national standards and certifying authority for translators and interpreters in Australia. It is the only organisation to issue certification to practitioners who wish to work in this profession in Australia.
NAATI certification provides confidence, trust and quality assurance to customers who rely/depend on the services of a translator or interpreter.
- A quality assurance scheme
- A peak non-government body
- A pioneer in the world of certifying translators and interpreters
NAATI is not:
- An employer of translators and interpreters
- The ‘owner’ of language or settlement policy
- A member-based institution
- A professional association
- An industrial association (union)
- A representative-based organisation
Finding a Translator or Interpreter
Our Online Directory provides a list of all currently certified practitioners. These are the people that can translate your documents or help with interpreting matters.
The directory can be found here: Online Directory
To search for an interpreter or translator:
- In the drop-down menu, under I require a/an select what you are looking for (translator or interpreter)
- In the next drop-down menu, under for, select the language
- Click the Submit button
- A list of all certified practitioners will appear
- Clicking on the name of a certified practitioner will open a new screen with their details.