The AUSIT Education Committee (AEC) invites Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from certified translators to be assessors to participate in the 2021 AUSIT Translation Competition (LOTE into English), which is open for the Chinese, Indonesian, Italian, Persian, Spanish and Vietnamese languages. (The languages rotate each year so that participants from a variety of linguistic backgrounds can be included.)
Why become an Assessor?
Assessors will be able to attend the AUSIT 2021 National Conference for free.
Assessor selection criteria
● Must be an AUSIT member
● Must have a minimum of five-year experience in T&I
● Must be a NAATI certified translator in the language stream
- Select a LOTE text of 400-600 words within 9 business days
- Provide the source/link of the LOTE text
- Ensure the LOTE text does not have an English translation
- Submit the LOTE text to the Education Committee in the provided template format
- Assess translations submitted by contestants and as a language team, choose a winner and provide brief feedback to all contestants within 2 weeks
- Liaise effectively and promptly with the AUSIT Education Committee
EOI Deadline: Thursday 25 March 2021.
Applications: Submit your applications here
To run the competition for a language stream, AUSIT need two assessors and at least three contestants in that language. If there are insufficient EOIs, the competition may be deferred or cancelled for that language stream. AUSIT will notify you in advance should this occur.
Should you require any clarification, please contact Rachel Preston at email@example.com.