Become a part of the Expressions Australia Network!
Expression provides market-leading interpreting services and career opportunities. We have a huge demand for our services and post COVID there’s been continued strong growth and ongoing demand. Our work with Government, Business and Sporting codes has increased our need for Video Relay Auslan Interpreting (VRI). We have an immediate need to support Deaf clients and Internal staff in environments such as workplaces, education, healthcare and on demand environments.
This role works closely with the Expression Australia booking team to undertake a variety of interpreting assignments which may include medical, legal, workplace, NDIS, education, or other essential services requiring access. VRI means our interpreters can be anywhere in Australia and provide their interpreting service via video to our growing community needs.
This role has flexible working hours and location.
- You hold and will maintain NAATI certification
- You will provide a professional and accurate Auslan interpreting service, telephone and video remote interpreting, as well as captioning and translation
- Ability to work in tandem with other interpreters on assignments to support and model appropriate interpreting practice when required via VRI
- Ability to maintain reliable and responsive communication with the booking office
- You may be a Deaf Interpreter or an Auslan Interpreter
What we offer:
As an Expression interpreter you will have access to:
- A fantastic community focused culture with a high proportion of Deaf and hard of hearing employees
- Casual, permanent fulltime or part-time work
- A Professional Development program delivered by market leading practitioners
- Generous salary packaging to significantly increase take home pay
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A high energy and supportive work environment
- Ability to work from anywhere within Australia
- Learn from the best, work with the best with experienced mentors
To apply please email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: email@example.com – using the subject line: [Your name] – Interpreter
The recruitment processes
- We want to meet you ourselves and make sure we’re a good fit.
- You’ll be contacted for an initial conversation. If we’re a match, you’ll be invited to an interview with our recruitment team and the manager you’ll be working with.
Expressions of Interest will need to include a cover letter specific to this position for it to be considered.