A resource fact sheet developed in partnership with Queensland Transcultural Mental Health Centre and Addiction & Mental Health Services, Metro South Health.
Interpreting in the healthcare environment can be a very rewarding profession. However, there can be certain environments where interpreting can be demanding and leave you feeling emotionally and physically exhausted.
This fact sheet has been developed to provide some strategies to assist you with self-care, particularly after interpreting in challenging situations, and explores:
- What is vicarious trauma?
- What can I do to look after myself daily?
- What can I do before the job to help look after myself?
- What can I do after the job to help look after myself?
- And some other useful additional resources