Expressions of interest for the TAFESA Diploma of Interpreting 2023 (live online) are now open until 2 Jan 2023
Update: For all South Australian residents, this qualification is FREE in 2023 thanks to the fully government-funded fee scheme!
Course start date: 27 Feb 2023
Designed to fit around your busy schedule, this comprehensive course will be delivered:
- online, by virtual classroom across Australia
- part-time (two evenings a week)
- by lecturers who are certified interpreters in your language.
Nine language specialisations are being offered:
The final interpreting languages selected will depend on reaching student numbers required for each.
Why study the diploma?
The diploma enables you to take your skills to the next level. Course content is designed to help hone your interpreting skills and language proficiency to reach the necessary level to become a Certified Provisional Interpreter and a confident practitioner.
If you are already certified, you can use the Diploma of Interpreting as professional development to further improve your skills.
- The interpreting industry has seen exciting and encouraging development in the last decade.
- The recently improved certification system has helped to raise the skills levels of interpreters, and today there are many interesting professional development opportunities.
Arguably, there has never been a better time to enter the profession as an interpreter!
The Diploma of Interpreting is endorsed by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) and is the preferred and recommended pathway by NAATI to the Certified Provisional Interpreter test.