NAATI is the national standards and certifying authority for translators and interpreters in Australia.
NAATI’s vision is for a connected community without language barriers.
Through certifying practitioners who wish to work as translators and interpreters in Australia, we aim to maximise people’s ability to engage and participate in Australian society.
NAATI’s values underpin our Customer Service Charter and Code of Conduct.
Who we support and help
Every day, we engage with current and aspiring practitioners, test candidates, governments, industry partners, academic institutions, language service providers, key professional associations, international organisations and the community. Most people we speak to are from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members to newly arrived migrants.
Our commitment to you
NAATI’s customer services are guided by our values: respect, integrity and professionalism. Our employee Code of Conduct sets the standard for our actions and behaviours at work, including how we engage with the people we support.
When communicating with us, you can expect us to:
- provide a credible and reliable service
- respond to your queries promptly
- be professional
- be fair and equitable in our decision making
- treat you with empathy, courtesy and respect
- provide you with clear and accurate information
- honour our commitments, and inform you of any delays in our response to you
- strive to continuously improve our service
- direct you to where you can find information if we aren’t able to help you.
Our contact standards
We will always try to resolve queries as soon as possible. Our target is to respond to all queries within 2 working days.
Please note: Standards do not apply to unsolicited mail, sales or promotional material.
How you can help us
Please help us to help you by:
- treating us with courtesy and respect
- telling us if you have special needs or requirements that would help us to better accommodate you
- providing us with the information we need to respond to your enquiry
- keeping your contact details up to date through the NAATI Portal (if you are a practitioner or candidate)
- providing us with feedback so that we can deliver better services.
We will not tolerate or respond to any communication which is offensive, abusive or threatening.
Compliments, suggestions & complaints
We always try to be better at what we do. If you have any feedback, including compliments, suggestions or complaints about things that have not gone well, we would love to hear from you.
Feedback should be made in English and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accept video or audio feedback where providing this in writing is not possible.
Any complaints we receive will be dealt with in line with our Complaints Policy.