Effective 25 May 2020
As most people would be aware there has been significant disruptions to Australian society from COVID19 which is impacting much of the world.
With restrictions now being eased across the country, NAATI is pleased to advise that we will be recommencing in person Certified Provisional Interpreter and Certified Interpreter testing from 13 July 2020. Due to the challenges of maintaining social distancing in Certified Translator testing we are unable to confirm when these will recommence, but believe we will have a satisfactory option by September 2020 for candidates.
For CCL candidates, NAATI has been conducting online testing since April. This has been very successful with over 3,000 candidates tested thus far. To allow our test venues to be used for Certification tests we have made the decision that all future CCL tests will be conducted online. Those CCL candidates who have currently booked in person tests will be contacted with instructions on how to book an online test.
NAATI is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all staff and candidates as we recommence in person testing.
We request that:
- If you have been in contact with someone who has the virus or;
- If you are feeling unwell and have flu-like symptoms (such as fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or shortness of breath);
You not attend your scheduled test session. If you present to your test session with flu-like symptoms you will be asked by a NAATI staff member to not sit the test, leave the premises and reschedule the test.
For Certification candidates who may not be able to take their test in person due to illness, NAATI has updated its rescheduling and cancellation policy. Candidates that have flu-like symptoms have until 8am on the day of the test to reschedule, with no charge. Please contact email@example.com. For all other candidates please refer to NAATI’s Terms and Conditions for more information.
When attending any NAATI testing venue, we ask that you follow NAATI’s health and safety measures to protect our staff and candidates which includes:
- Social distancing instructions,
- Regular washing of hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds),
- The use of supplied hand sanitisers at the testing sites,
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands, and
- Ensuring that you sneeze or cough by covering your mouth with your elbow (or coughing directly into a tissue).
If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend your NAATI test.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.